Barricade tapes allow us to demarcate and restrict access to job site hazards, but did you know that OSHA and ANSI regulations specify color coding of barricade tapes?
The graphic below shows OSHA-specified tape colors.
ANSI specifies colors and usage of barricade tapes as follows:
1. Yellow/Black Barricade Tape serves as CAUTION and POTENTIAL HAZARD from:
- Excavation less than 1.2 meters (4 feet) in depth
- Identification of trip hazards and low hanging objects
- Material storage on site
- Overhead work
- Live electrical components
- Scaffold under construction
- Around swing radius of equipment with a rotating superstructure